We are a free publication, which means we live and die based upon the advertising support that pays for our local news gathering. We pride ourselves on putting out a quality newspaper every two weeks and maintaining a lively online and social media presence.
We hope you will consider advertising with us to reach a targeted, local audience that is most likely to do business here. Of course, you do not need to own a business to advertise.
We have an estimated 10,000 readers per month. Our papers are distributed in southern Virginia Beach at businesses, restaurants, libraries, community centers, congregations and the city municipal center. We also have a following in Knotts Island, N.C.
Ours are among the lowest advertising rates in the area..
Please review our 2017 rate sheet or call (757) 748-5331 for information.
We reserve the right to reject advertising. Please note that there are some ads we won’t run or carry, including:
- Personal attacks on individuals or groups of people.
- “Advertorial” content that contains a byline or bylines or mimics standard editorial design in print or online. We publish original journalism, and we do not want to confuse or mislead readers.
- Violent or disturbing imagery.
- Sexually explicit or demeaning content.
- Racially or ethnically offensive language and visuals.
- Questionable medical claims.
Your investment in our work helps you reach engaged citizens.
It also helps us shine a light on goings on in our communities.