BACK BAY — This is a quick note related to the cover story in the Sunday, Feb. 14, print edition.
I mention in the print story that I would post some supporting letters about how the bill [HB2198] introduced by state Del. Kelly Fowler, which could significantly change local elections in Virginia Beach, is advancing in Richmond.
Here are those links:
- A letter from Virginia Beach Mayor Bobby Dyer and Vice Mayor Jim Wood to Fowler: Thursday, Jan. 28, letter to the Virginia Beach Delegation
- An open letter from City Councilmember Aaron Rouse: Friday, Jan. 29, open letter
- Fowler’s response to Dyer and Wood: Wednesday, Feb. 10, letter to Dyer & Wood
- Supporting information related to HB1890 included with Fowler’s correspondence: Wednesday, Feb. 10, supporting information to Dyer & Wood
- And here is our story from the last print edition on Sunday, Jan. 31: “General Assembly to consider bill that could change Virginia Beach local elections system“
Our newest print story should go online in the coming week, but it is being distributed to stands this weekend.
© 2021 Pungo Publishing Co., LLC